To test SIP SIMPLE client SDK, you can use the Command Line Tools provided by the sipclients package. The Command Line Tools are compatible with MacOSX and Linux only.
For Python3 the same package is available with suffix 3 in the package name and executable names.
Manage global and SIP account settings used by middleware and Command Line Tools
To use the Command Line Tools you need at least one SIP account. By default the Bonjour account is enabled and set as default. Using Bonjour account, you can initiate outbound sessions and receive incoming session on the local LAN. To use the Command Line Tools on the public Internet, you must setup at least a public SIP account. You can register a public SIP account for free at http://sip2sip.info
To add a new SIP account:
sip-settings -a add user@domain pasword
If you have multiple accounts, you can set the default as follows:
sip-settings -a default user@domain
It is recommended that you set the outbound proxy for the configured account to the SIP server address provided by the SIP service that provided the account. This typically facilitates the NAT traversal for media sessions that go outside of the local domains served by the SIP service provider that issued the account. Example for a sip2sip.info account:
sip-settings -a set email@example.com sip.outbound_proxy=proxy.sipthor.net
You can use this script to Register a SIP end-point with a SIP Registrar or broadcast the local SIP URI using Bonjour mDNS.
- sip-register - REGISTER a SIP end-point with a SIP Registrar or detect Bonjour neighbours
You can use these script to receive or initiate audio sessions.
You can use these script to receive or initiate real-time IM sessions or exchange asynchronous messages.
- sip-session - Setup SIP sessions with Audio (RTP/sRTP), IM and File Transfer (MSRP)
- sip-message - Send and receive messages using SIP MESSAGE method
Both media types support end-to-end encryption using OTR protocol, end-to-end delivery notifications and CPIM mime payloads.
- sip-publish-presence - PUBLISH presence to a Presence Agent
- sip-subscribe-winfo - SUBSCRIBE to the watcher list for given SIP address on the Presence Agent
- sip-subcribe-presence - SUBSCRIBE to Presence Event for a given SIP address
- sip-subscribe-rls - SUBSCRIBE for Presence Event to a list managed by a Resource List Server
- sip-subscribe-xcap-diff - SUBSCRIBE for xcap-diff Event to monitor changes to XCAP documents
- sip-subscribe-mwi - SUBSCRIBE for Message Waiting Indicator